The Editorial Board and editorial team of the Higher Education Today magazine are committed to ethical principles and standards adopted by the international scientific community as examples of the best practices.
In particular, the Editorial Board and editorial team aim to comply with the provisions formulated by the Committee for Academic Publishing Ethics (Moscow, Russia) in the Code of Academic Publishing Ethics.
In addition, the Editorial Board supports in every way basic ethical principles of work with scientific information:
- impartially, carefully and objectively assesses all incoming materials;
- when working with materials is guided only by the criteria of originality, scientific importance and relevance of the texts;
- prior to publishing ensures confidentiality of all materials under review;
- guarantees that no private interests will be involved when working with materials of external authors;
- struggles with plagiarism in every possible way;
- strictly complies with all statutory provisions, adopted rules and procedures.
The Editorial Board and editorial team of the Higher Education Today magazine state that there is no misuse or conflict of interests when performing their duties.
The Editorial Board and editorial team call the magazine’s authors for consistent and full compliance with the ethical principles and standards adopted by the international scientific community and, in particular, strongly recommend:
- not to allow borrowings from works of other authors, to cite references in good faith;
- exclude any conflict of interests, settle all disputes prior to publishing the works that led to a conflict situation;
- when publishing works made in co-authorship to respect and to specify the contribution each author made;
- not to allow publishing of the same research papers in two or more editions in one language;
- to respect ethical standards accepted in society and not to allow any deviation from such standards not only with regard to the content, but also with regard to the form of presentation of one’s research;
- adhere to the objectivity and evidentiary principles with regard to research papers, to recognize the right of other scholars to have their own point of view, to hold scholarly discussions in a spirit of tolerance and mutual respect.
When implementing the ethical principles and standards adopted by the international scientific community, the Editorial Board and editorial team of the Higher Education Today magazine will primarily strive for implementation of those goals and values that promote the development of science, strengthen the creative spirit and attainment of the truth.